Technical Readiness Test
Use our Technical Readiness test to assess if you meet all requirements.
A secure locked-down browser application is required for:
- ICAS Spelling Bee
- ICAS Writing
- Reach Spelling
- Reach Writing
All other assessments are web (browser) based and do not require the locked-down browser application.
Supported Hardware Devices
- Desktop PC
- Android tablet
Note 1: An external keyboard or mouse is not necessary for students using a tablet.
Note 2: The iPad mini is not supported.
Note 3: Chromebooks must be running as Managed Devices in Kiosk mode for assessments requiring the locked-down browser application.
Note 4: Devices must be connected to a single screen only.
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OSX 10.8+
- MS Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Chrome OS 38+
- iOS 10.3+
- Android 5+ (running Android System Webview)
Note: Windows XP and Vista are not supported operating systems for assessments using locked-down browser.
Please refer to the Technical readiness test for an internet speed test to confirm appropriate bandwidth is available for the student devices involved in the assessment.
- A guideline for required bandwidth is 512 Kbps (0.512 Mbps) minimum download speed per 20 concurrent users.
Note: There is no additional bandwidth requirement for locked-down browser use, once the application has been installed.
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024 width x 768 height is required.
- Cookies are required and need to be enabled.
- Audio should be available via headphones, earphones or earbuds for Reach Spelling and ICAS Spelling Bee.
Locked Down Browser Guides